Friday, November 13, 2009

Cranial Sacral Therapy

I have been treating people using this therapy for over 8 years. This is such an effective treatment for both the body and the mind that I chose it as my main focus of therapy. Many of you may not be familiar with what craniosacral therapy is. It was developed in the 1950s by osteopath Dr. Upledger. Since then thousands of therapist have been trained in this effective technique. When the cerebral spinal fluid moves from the head to the base of the spine a very gentle wave rhythm passes through the body, similar to a heart beat or resirations, but much more subtle. Craniosacral therapy uses a very light touch in connecting to this rhythm to locate restrictions in the body. Often these restrictions can cause pain or emotional issues. Using gentle, light touch the therapist can relax these restrictions and bring relief to the body and emotions. During a therapy session the client remains fully clothed while laying on a massage table. Craniosacral is most often used to treat problems such as headaches, gynecological roblems, back, neck, or shoulder pain. It has also been shown effective to relieve the pain of fibromyalgia, which is how I became involved with this treatment. I suffered from fibromyalgia and my personal physican suggested I go to a craniosacral therapist. I felt so much relief from my pain that I went to massage school and studied to become a therapist myself. I have also assisted many people to experience relief from emotional issues through the use of craniosacral therapy. Please email me with any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them. Please let me know if you are interested in scheduling a treatment session.

No comments:

Post a Comment